Thursday, September 26, 2013

The frustrations of online applications.

So I applied to work at the headquarters of the PC. They go through an online system. So easy, right?
WRONG!
The application took about 5 hours to complete. I sat in Starbucks one day nursing a Pumpkin Spice Latte while I completed the entire thing.
I, in turn, uploaded my resume, references and my proof of service from Moldova.
What happens 2 days later? They do a 'system upgrade' and all the information is lost. 
There isn't a phone number, it's not like I can speak to a regular person. The options are online chat (only available certain hours) or an endless email cycle to a generic address because that way you never have the convenience of emailing with the same person more than once.
They recovered the application and then processed it for me. Wasn't that nice?
Except that the application is blank. So my name, contact number and address was submitted with a blank application to the federal government, therefore forever making me look like an idiot who isn't able to complete the most basic of information like uploading a resume. 
I think this is a sign.
Time to look elsewhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment