Sunday, January 18, 2015

Hoverboards

I haven't written in a while. I know that because my Mom told me that when I was home for Christmas. I guess I forget people actually read about my life.
The end of 2014 was pretty good. My dear friends (and ex-roommates) Juan and Derek got married and it was a magical day of old friends and a celebration of love.
Our lease was up in October so I moved into a new apartment with my friend, Ethan. As much as I enjoyed my year in West Hollywood, I like the East Side of LA more. (Local Lingo). So I'm living in Glendale, near where I lived when I first moved out here. It's a much better fit for me. Yes, it extended my commute, but I like the separation from the West Side.
Work has actually gotten pretty great. I didn't love my job at first, but recently I have been promoted to Education Coordinator which means I get to help write training manuals and plan events for the company. I actually enjoy going to work, an odd feeling. And it's odd to be paid a livable wage and be rewarded with bonuses and gratitude for a job well done. Feels like I'm actually worth something.
Still hanging around Rogue Machine Theatre, even if I haven't done anything there in a while. I miss that gang and hope to do more with them this year. I can't lose touch with that side of my life.
Spent two weeks in Pennsylvania for Christmas. It was wonderful. I somehow managed to sidestep the weather only experiencing one snowstorm. Got to spend a lot of time with the fam and that always feels good. Even if it's just lying on the couch next to Mom in her chair, so simple, but just feels like home. Also got to celebrate my sisters's 50th birthday. She was mortified, but I don't know why anyone would be depressed to reach another birthday. (We're very different). Also got to head down to my Alma Mater, Kutztown with my best friend, Chris to see our best friend Maria. We hadn't spent time together in nearly 5 years and man it was needed. Talk about feeling at home. Kutztown will always make us feel like we're 20, no matter how old we get.
And in 2 weeks, I am going on a cruise with my sister, her daughter and our extended family from Missouri. Also joining us are those two handsome devils pictured above. They'll be on their honeymoon. I've never been on a cruise before, but I'm pretty excited to unplug and just take a deep breath. 
I know 2015 is going to be a great year. Stay tuned for Oscar pics soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment