Wednesday, August 27, 2014

525,600 Minutes...

Well, it's official; I've been back in the U.S. for over a year now. It's hard to believe that it has gone so fast. I came back to Los Angeles not knowing what to expect, really, but I gave myself a year to figure it out. And honestly? I think I'm in pretty good shape.
It was rough for a while, but my goodness do I have good friends. I can't count the number of people who helped me out while I looked for a job. But I finally got one...or two..or three.
The main one; another cosmetics company. Never in a million years did I think I'd go back into the beauty industry but it's funny how paying rent and eating creep up on you. However, it's been great. I really like my job. Plus, I'm working on Wilshire Blvd in Los Angeles. I've dreamed of that since I watched Melrose Place back in the 1990's. 
With a job, comes a paycheck and being able to start the long process of repaying people and catching up on bills is satisfying in its own right. 
With that, I'll be moving into my own place in October as my one year lease sharing the apartment with the boys sadly comes to an end. They will be working toward their dream of owning their own home. I will miss them, but they need to do what they need to do. 
I am also still stage managing at the Rogue Machine Theatre. I LOVE this theatre company and am so humbled every time they ask me to be a part of a production there. I believe they are one of the best theatres in Los Angeles and the fact that I get to be merely associated with them is an honor. 
Lastly, I have been freelance writing for Broadway World in their new TV section. I recap shows, (That you probably don't watch) and publish the night the episode airs. I LOVE it. It's a lot harder than I thought it would be but it's super cool. This is my link. Everytime you click on it, I get 'page clicks' which helps my profile get bumped up in the Google Search or you can click on subscribe to author alerts at the bottom and they'll email you everytime I publish. Isn't that exciting? 

Broadway World TV Recaps

So things are going well. Like really well. It's weird to be so incredibly busy, a sensation I'm not used to but it is exhilarating.
In two weeks, I will be traveling to my best friend from Peace Corps, Lyndsey's, wedding. I'm so excited as I have not seen her in nearly two years. 
Other things looking forward to in September: Labor Day BBQ with the Chino crew, an evening seeing my favorite podcast "How Did This Get Made" live just to name a few. I hope September will be as great as August has been to me.
This year has been an unexpected adjustment into seeing my life, my friends, my family and my country from a whole different perspective. Every single day, I see something new and intriguing. We're so lucky.

No comments:

Post a Comment