Saturday, May 31, 2014

June is busting out all over...almost.

How is it June already? How is this year nearly half over?
So "Be a Good Little Widow" ended its run on Sunday. It was sad, but it was time to be done. After it was over, we had the fastest strike I have ever been a part of. The audience filtered out at 4:30pm. By 4:50 the entire stage was bare. It was remarkable. The world of professional theatre. 
From there we headed to Sara (the director/producer) and CB's (the producer/sound designer) house for the wrap party. It was also CB's birthday so there was a nice mix of industry people there. They live in a cute house in Studio City with an amazing backyard that includes a guest house, a pool house (the game, not the swimming kind) and a camping tent set up with all the amenities. It was cool. They had a full spread of bbq and drinks and we had a lovely afternoon/evening wrapping up our time together. I really enjoy these people and had a wonderful time with them.
Donovan, Sara, Caroline, Andrew, Larisa and Trey.

Phil, Larisa, Donovan, Trey and myself saying goodbye.
The next day, I got to go see one of the opening performances of the next play I worked on "Gruesome Playground Injuries." It was remarkable. One of the best plays I've seen. I got a designer cred as I did the props for them. It is running through July and I'm so proud to have been a part of it.


One of my proudest props, a stone owl for one of the actors. Our insanely talented tech director, David Mauer aged him to look like he had lived on the roof for a century.

Designer Cred!
And on Tuesday, at long last, I got to see the Piano Man, Billy Joel in concert at the Hollywood Bowl. The last time I saw him was 1994 at Giants Stadium. His voice sounds exactly the same. He was remarkable and it was a blast.



Lots of lights!

Post-show glow!
But enough fun, back to work. Resumed rehearsals for "Small Parts" the one-man show for the Hollywood Fringe Festival.
http://www.hollywoodfringe.org/projects/1706

It's complicated with 150 cues in 75 minutes, but it's fun and as usual, the people are great. I think I've been really lucky in that I like nearly everyone I meet.

Thursday night, quick break as my dear friend Erin was in town from Prague and she and Holly (roommate from Moldova) and I reunited for the first time since June, 2012. It was a much needed girls night, even though they dragged me out of my house at 9:00pm, I was happy I went. These girls are family.



Me, Erin and Holly on Santa Monica Blvd.
So that's been my week. I have a rare day off today and then it's into tech week for 'Small Parts' to get ready for opening. 
And now: June!

1 comment:

  1. It's Alex Mack; or as you know her as one of the wives from Mad Men and Larisa;

    ReplyDelete