Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Thanksgiving...in 'Murica

I haven't celebrated Thanksgiving in this country since 2010. Isn't that weird? But it sure will be nice to cook it this year without having to actually kill the bird first. #grateful
Still on the job hunt, it is NOT easy to find one out there right now. Especially with as picky as I'm being. I keep getting a lot of "oh, I may know of something" or "I can get you in where I work" but that's usually the last I hear of it. So that's discouraging.
I do live in a kick ass location now in West Hollywood. I'm right in the center of everything I have always wanted to be in the center of. Now I'd just like a job so I can pay for all the things I want to do and take advantage of while living here. BUT, instead of being cynical, in the spirit of the week I will be grateful. So here's my 'what I'm thankful for: 2013 edition.'
  • Friends. Being unemployed is trying but being surrounded by friends who support you (emotionally, mentally and financially) without question is quite literally a life saver.
  • America.  Man this country is great. I'm still really happy with it. There are tiny little everyday irritations but at the first sign of getting irritated at something stupid, I can still force myself to laugh at how ridiculous and petty it is. I hope I can keep that up.
  • Food. Good LORD is the food great here.
  • PC Friends. Didn't realize just how much I'd need them. They're the only ones who truly understand how hard this readjustment is.
  • Patience. What an amazing skill I have been blessed with. Seeing impatience in so many others, I find myself whispering "relax" so many times during the day. Seriously...relax, people.
  • It's not about me. How many times daily could you relax if you just said those four words?
  • Family. Haven't been home for Christmas in a few years either. Since I'm unemployed, a plane ticket seemed unlikely until one just appeared in my email inbox. No questions asked. Family can be frustrating and filled with drama and make you want to tear your hair out, but Jesus, what the hell would we do without them? It's so nice to be love so many people, so humbling to be loved that much.
Baking desserts today to get prepped for Thursday. Wish me luck. Happy Thanksgiving.
Get in the holiday spirit!
http://www.amazingoasis.org/2013/11/best-coin-ever-spent.html?m=1

No comments:

Post a Comment